I’m really excited to share with you that the 2nd Edition of APRESS Expert Oracle Application Express (Amazon link) is now released. Some of the concepts in this book may apply to previous versions of APEX, but this book was created with APEX5 in mind.
This book is the result of hard work from 14 authors: Doug Gault, Tom Petrus, Denes Kubicek, Roel Hartman, Dan McGhan, Francis Mignault, Raj Mattamal, Martin D’Souza, Christoph Ruepprich, Dimitri Gielis, Nick Buytaert, Karen Cannell, John Scott, and myself.
By the way, all but one of those authors and technical reviewers are on Twitter. If you’re an Oracle professional and work with Application Express, I recommend you follow them.
The book is comprised of 14 chapter over 650 pages.
1. APEX Builder, Denes Kubicek
2. Oracle REST Data Services, John Scott
3. Oracle APEX 5.0 Charts Inside Out, Dimitri Gielis
4. Tabular Forms, Denes Kubicek
5. Team Development, Roel Hartman
6. Globalization, Francis Mignault
7. Debugging, Doug Gault
8. Dynamic Actions, Martin Giffy D’Souza
9. Lifecycle Management, Nick Buytaert
10. Plug-Ins, Dan McGhan
11. jQuery with APEX, Tom Petrus
12. Map Integration, Christoph Ruepprich
13. Themes and Templates, Jorge Rimblas
14. Report Printing, Karen Cannell
One more piece of information. All proceeds from this book go to the families of two exceptional people that left us way too soon: Carl Backstrom and Scott Spadafore. Both members to the APEX team and instrumental in laying the foundation that has gotten Application Express to where it is today. Although I never met them in person, their knowledge sharing and efforts in the community to help people like me better learn and use APEX helped me immensely.