Kscope Submission Ideas
Have you been thinking about submitting an abstract for Kscope? The submission deadline for Kscope18 is fast approaching! Submissions close on January 5, 2018!
Some of you may still be struggling to think of some topics. I’ve asked Dietmar Aust (Kscope18 APEX Track Lead), and Helen Sanders (Kscope18 Database Track Lead) for help with some topic ideas that would get your creative juices flowing. Scroll down and browse through the topics that are sure to trigger some ideas.
Aside from these general ideas, it is always great to hear about real-world projects. How were they approached? What were the challenges and which lessons were learned? This will help others to use good judgment and avoid problems proactively.
Finally, I should add, the list below is by no means inclusive. There are many other topics you could cover.
If you know what you want to talk about, then get some inspiration for crafting the perfect abstract form this excellent blog posts:
- Code quality, test-driven development for PL/SQL
- Infrastructure setup and performance
- Good practices in using SQL & PL/SQL for your APEX apps, new features for developers in Oracle 12.2
- Version control with APEX
- Development tools for troubleshooting, test automation, documentation, performance optimization, deployment automation, etc.
- Security; threats and how to prevent them
- Security; how to detect that information was leaked and/or stolen?
- Modularization and Reuse: How can we extend APEX using plugins and how can we reuse code most effectively?
- Beautiful APEX; Using and tweaking the universal theme to create beautiful apps
- APEX Interactive Grid; interesting use cases and leveraging the API
APEX New Release
- What is new in APEX 5.2 and why does it make a difference?
- Consuming and exposing RESTful services
- Integration with SAP, AWS, Azure and other systems
- Using different programming languages and tools like Java or sqlcl to support your APEX app either during development and/or at runtime
- Using Docker in with Oracle and APEX
Database Administration – Foundational
- Database In Memory
- Upgrading, New Releases, and Patching (including new features)
- Multitenant and Virtualization
- Disaster Recovery and Backup
- Performance Monitoring, Diagnostics, and Tuning
- Best Practices (indexing, using external tables, etc)
- Enterprise Manager
Database Administration – Beyond the Basics
- Python for the DBA
- REST data services for the DBA
- DBAs in the Cloud
- Web Services
- Open Source
- SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Database Design
- Documenting the Database
Database Development – Traditional, Cornerstone, Foundational
- Upgrades, new Release features for developers
- Performance topics – developer related
- Best Practices
- Data loading – sqlldr
- Analytic Functions, Pattern Matching
- Regular Expressions
- SQL Developer – what’s new, tips and tricks
Database Development – Beyond the Basics
- Python for Developers
- Methodologies, eg Agile, SCRUM
- Version Control (Git, SVN, etc)
- Beacon Technology and tracking
- REST services
- Open Source
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Ruby on Rails
- Developers in the Cloud